Monday, May 9, 2016

Sebastian's first painting experience at 3.5 months old!



On Saturday I attended one of the Ontario Reggio Association's (ORA) Documentation Study Sessions hosted by Ellen Brown at York University.  You might ask, well what does the above image have to do with this learning opportunity?  As a new mom, and one who continues to be strongly influenced by the Italian educators from Reggio Emilia, I have already started to document  my young son.  It has been very interesting to take all that I have learned and tried to apply in my Kindergarten context to an infant.  My hope was to create a provocation for Sebastian, so that together we could begin exploring paint.  Bringing in this photograph for a group of us to study, proved once again the power of pedagogical documentation.



This was the write-up that we created for his grandmother's on Mother's Day.






Sebastian loved spending time in my creative art studio!  He was so curious by all of the colourful books and supplies!






If you are a parent, you may wish to use these Crayola paints.  They come in many different colours and are non-toxic.  Something I have come to appreciate is so important! 




Hope that you all had a lovely Mother's Day! We already printed out some of our pictures with the Wal-Mart photo app!

I wonder what masterpiece Sebastian Dean will create next...






Children are making meaning from birth.  


Documentation is a valuable resource that allows 

us to listen carefully to their communication. 


It offers an opportunity

to study their capabilities and competencies.

                                                                                       -Ellen Brown





No comments:

Post a Comment